Friday, January 29, 2010

Welcome to the Red Rooster Football Blog!


Football is more than a sport – to some, it is the very thing around which their lives revolve; to others, it is a religion; to me, it is a fun hobby – perhaps my favorite. I play twice a week.  Every day, I skim three or four online football publications, and every night, I watch the Fox Soccer Report.  I am somewhat informed.

I’m not going to lie: if you’re looking for a balanced view on football, you won’t get it here.  When it comes to football, I, like 99% of all football fans, am extremely biased.  Deal. I’m not writing it for you, I’m writing it for me.  If you happen to like what you read, great! BONUS.

If however, you enjoy current football events, and don’t mind a critical analysis of the sport, then I welcome you.

What sort of topics should you expect?  All sorts.  I follow the Portuguese league more than any other, but try to keep up with Premier League, La Liga and Serie A events, as well as major tournaments such as the World Cup, European Champions and Europa Leagues, and other tournaments around the world.

And so it begins…

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
- Bill Shankly, Scottish Football Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment